Joseph Smith’s Importance to Man
Journal of Discourses 7:290; “You will be thankful, every one of you, that Joseph Smith, junior, was ordained to this great calling before the worlds were…The Lord had his eye upon him, and upon his father, and upon his father’s father, and upon their progenitors clear back to Abraham…He has watched that family and that blood as it has circulated from its fountain to the birth of that man. He was foreordained in eternity to preside over this last dispensation, as much so as Pharaoh was fore-ordained to be a wicked man, or as was Jesus to be the Saviour of the world because he was the oldest son in the family.” – Brigham Young, Salt Lake City, October 9, 1859
1 Thessalonians 5:21; “Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.”
1. God watches over all men in all “dispensations”.
2. Jesus wasn’t “chosen” to be the Savior because he was the oldest son.
3. There’s nothing special about Joseph Smith’s blood. To insinuate otherwise is placing Joseph above Jesus.
4. Joseph wasn’t chosen to preside over his or any other dispensation.
5. How did Brigham know if Smith was a relative of Abraham?
6.We’re told to prove all things and hold fast to that which is good so in light of that we must dismiss Young’s diatribe for what it is; lies.